“My House will be called a House of Prayer for All Nations” Isaiah 56:7
Welcome to Ward Memorial Baptist Church – Serving God though the service of the community.
Our Vision Statement
A welcoming, praying house for all nations, actively committed to reaching out and serving the community to glorify God through the guidance and empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to fulfill Jesus Christ’s commission and share the transforming truth of God’s unconditional love for all people. (Matthew 28: 19-20)
- to share, teach, preach and equip by demonstrating the love of Christ in and outside of our community
- to be a welcoming faith community
- to create, foster, nurture an environment of care and acceptance for all
- to serve and help our community through our ministries with a covenant of Christ like compassion
- to demonstrate Christ’s love by developing a relationship through fellowship and caring for one another
1 Corinthians 12:12-14
The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body-whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free-and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Now the body is not made up of one part but of many.
It is always amazing, in times of quiet reflection to ponder and wonder at the way God moves in what many would consider a small church like Ward Memorial Baptist
Church. It’s been a sweet and sometimes sour year but why should it not be? It’s the way of the cross, the highlights of joy and sorrow intertwined, but joy always spring forth with new life and expanded vision. For us at Ward, we are reminded of the above verse and with God’s grace and vision each day, we are thankful of what He has done. We see positive changes in people’s lives, people accepting Christ as Lord and Savior, baptisms, faith and worship. We look forward to how He will use each of us for His glory.