- This event has passed.
24-Apr-2022 Evening Service
April 24 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm UTC+0
Our Mission is “Making God known by sharing the Love of Christ.”
Our Vision is “Transformation”- Romans 12:2
Welcome, opening prayer and worship by:
WMBC Worship Team
Scripture Reading: 1 John 3:1-10 NIV
11 Now Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb 12 and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus’ body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot.13 They asked her, “Woman, why are you crying?” “They have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.” 14 At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.15 He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?” Thinking he was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.”16 Jesus said to her, “Mary. ”She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).
Additional Scriptures: Mark 9:31; 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
Tithes and offerings:
- E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to https://wmbaptistchurch.ca/donate/ for online transfer
- Drop your envelopes at the Church mailbox
- Drop your envelopes in the Church collection plate kept at the altar
“Joseph and Caiphas” (Frankie He Zheng & Abel Manoah);”Three Resurrection Wives” ( Irish Dela Merced, Danielle Grafu and Karen Shum) written by Katy Applebee
Speak with Pastor Jusuf if you are interested in baptism.
Wednesdays: 7:00-8:30 p.m.
Sundays: 9:45 a.m.
- In-person church services commence at 10:30 a.m. Invite a friend or family member.
- Covid-19 Precautions
- Pray without ceasing, continue to be diligent.
- Stay home, especially if showing symptoms.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water!!!
- Sanitize hands and surfaces.
- Wear masks; still consider others ( if in enclosed areas )
- APRIL 2-MAY 28. Vision School (Saturdays, 12:00-4:00 p.m.)
- APRIL 17. Easter Sunday Potluck Lunch, Easter Egg Hunt for Kids following Easter Sunday morning service.
- APRIL 17. SUNDAY EVENING SERVICE- @ 5:00-6:15 P.M. AT WMBC.
- Baptism: Man Chi Chang followed by a Potluck Dinner
- MAY 26-28. CBWC Assembly 2022 ‘Life Together’ Register: https://cbwcevents.sunergo.net/qry/sb_conf_registration.taf Cost: $180. Any WMBC member wishing to accompany Pastor Jusuf to the conference, contact him right away.
Pastor Paul Soetopo, “ Resurrection.” Scriptural References-John 21: 24-25;Matt. 28:9-17; Matt. 28: 18-20; Luke 24:46-47; John 21:17; Acts 1:8; Colossians 1:16-17; John 5:39.
- Gary Hockridge and Hercules Tupas, E. Van., every Saturday @ 4:00 p.m. on Zoom.
- -OK House, Vancouver, Alternate Thursdays, @ 6:30 p.m. at WMBC, downstairs. Next one, April 28, 2022. Everyone is welcome. Contact Christine /Jeremy.
Our Outreach Ministries
- Burmese Baptist Fellowship: 2:00 p.m. on Sundays at WMBC. Contact: Henry Chan: 604-618-0883
- ESL Classes: Tues/Thurs @ 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Cancelled until further notice
- S.E.T.: Senior Enrichment Time @ 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. every 1st Friday of the month. Next SET- Cancelled till further notice
- Shining Stars after-School Tutoring and Bible Club: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, @ 3:30 – 6:30 p.m., Thursdays (TBA ); Youth/Connections: Fridays, 3:30 – 8:30 p.m.; 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Street Church & Feed the Hungry / Hastings: Friday, June 10th, 2022
- Shining Stars Camp Can-Do: Summer 2022
- Communion: First Sunday of the Month.
- Young Adults with Jeremy/Isaiah W.
- Celebration Zone for Kids on-site, April 17th, 2022
- Vision School – Contact Chris Lim
- Church Ministries; Church Unity and Growth;
- Covid-19 in all impacted countries and people: Health Care Personnel, Teachers / Students, our Community, Haiti, Afghanistan, Russia and Ukraine, Peace/Safety Officers, Shelters, Homeless;
- Peace and Harmony across Canada / Reconciliation;
- Shining Stars After- school programs, students, parents and Volunteers;
- Celebration Zone;
- Burmese Fellowship;
- Young Adults;
- Long Term Missions:
- Tim and Kellie Hutton-Bolivia;
- Paul & Sharyn Branson-Dominican Republic;
- Janzens-Brazil; Bill and Janice Dyck-Bolivia.
Keep them in your prayers.
Local Mission Outreach
- Shining Stars after school –contact Yvonne M. Jones or Jennifer Lee.
- Seniors Enrichment Time (SET) –contact Pastor Jusuf Wijaya and Assoc. Pastor Gary Hockridge.